Short drive but a good one

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Short drive but a good one
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 22:51:22 -0700
Well, it hit 80 degrees in Seattle yesterday, and I managed to get the roadster
out for a little while. I went out to Pacific Raceway in the morning and watched
Ted and mike Chandler race their 1600's for one race, anyway. Mike was running
2nd overall in the race group when his throttle cable broke. He had another race
in the afternoon, so he stole a brake cable off of his bicycle and used that.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to stick around to see how he did. His father, Ted,
ran mid-pack in the same race.

http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/Mike_Chandler_20020512_1.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/Ted_Chandler_20020512_1.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/Ted_Chandler_20020512_2.jpg

Also out at the track was a replica of a McLaren GT car (I think they called it
an M6GT). This thing is street-legal (well, sort of).

http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/McLaren_GT_1.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/McLaren_GT_2.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/McLaren_GT_3.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/McLaren_GT_4.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/McLaren_GT_5.jpg

Then later in the day, Joanne and I were out in the roadster, and I spotted
something very low, very wide and pale blue up ahead of the SUV in front of us.
It was Doug Kirk driving his Ford GT40 home from the track! We all had to slow
down to let a car turn left at the head of the line, and Doug did a nice
double-clutch downshift to 1st as he slowed. Beautiful snarling, popping sound
followed by a nice bellow as he rolled on the power a bit and accelerated up the
road. Sweet!

One last picture for the artistically-inclined.
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/Pipes1.jpg

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]