Re: Wheel Restoration

To: WisslerJon@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel Restoration
From: Tomet9@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 16:26:15 EDT
Hi List,

   Recently I cleaned up a set of old wheels by first wet sanding the the
smooth aluminum surfaces with 400/600 grit wet sand paper.This was followed
up by buffing with white rouge and then with the red rouge. I found a kit at
sears that included 4 different sample rouges along with 3 different size
buffing wheels. The kit included a threaded shaft for mounting the buffing
pads on to a power drill. Aluminum being a soft metal buffs out very easily
without much effort. The key is getting a nice smooth finish from the
sanding. Looks brand new now. Hope this helps.

     Tom Prather  2.0 lady in red SoCalRoc