Re: REAR TRACK/IRS

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: REAR TRACK/IRS
From: Sel_Aganovic@hettich.com.au
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:45:23 +1000
Thomas,

Thanks for the info....

MX-5 (Miata) IRs has a 1410 track, which makes it 200 mm+ too
wide...Bummer....Maybe I can shorten it.......

If I go through the trouble, I might as well use tha latest model that I
can, with LSD and good ratio. 510 IRS is getting a bit too old now (sorry
510 guys)

So you think MkII Escorts 1600/2000 has a strong diff ?

Could you get low ratios,i.e. 4's ?

Sel

                    Thomas -

                    Sweden               To:     Sel_Aganovic@hettich.com.au

                    <csp311@telia        cc:
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
                    .com>                Subject:     Re: REAR TRACK/IRS

                    10/05/02

                    16:20

Rear track is 1200 mm. MX-5 is too wide and high.
Maybe you could fit a P510 semi trailing arm IRS?
It might be short enough if you use high offset wheels.
I have seen one Cobra 289 replica with a Peugeot
504 DeDion IRS. For a stronger solid axle, Ford Escort
Mk-2 have a similar width and there's an endless
supply of aftermarket parts for them.

Thomas