1600 timing stuff

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1600 timing stuff
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 17:20:13 +0000
To List,

FYI, 1600 timing stuff is out there dirt cheap.  I have absolutely no
problem finding it through my parts guy.  It's very easy to get.  On a side
note, JC Whitney (use at your own risk) has a complete set/kit of 1600
gears, chain, tensioner, guides, etc. listed in their catalog for about $80.
  That doesn't help my 2000 dilemma one bit.  I've ordered 1600 gears before
to compare.  Sizes are the same for large jackshaft and crank gears.  But
the shaft hole on the large jackshaft gear is too small and my shop in my
town won't bore it out.  As for the crank gear, the "shaft" of the gear is
all wrong.  Why couldn't Datsun just have used those 1600 parts and added on
a cam gear which is used in more than just our car and a small jackshaft
gear that was the same?  What does the 240Z use?

Allen