Re: 195X60X14 Falkan Azemis on 14X5.5 LIBRAs: fitting them up

To: Jim Cawrse <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: 195X60X14 Falkan Azemis on 14X5.5 LIBRAs: fitting them up
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 07:55:15 -0500 (CDT)
Jim,

I would not recommend cutting the rear lip at all because it is used to
strengthen the flare/lip. I had a close fit on a set of tires onan old
Volvo some years ago, so I held a piece of 1-1/2" pipe against the tire
and fender lip and had someone drive the car slowly forward. This pulled
the pipe in between the tire and the fender, which rolled the edge of the
fender lip up, giving me more clearance. Once the pipe is caught between
the fender and the tire just let go of it and watch! It may seem that
1-2/2" pipe is too large, but the tire will deflect quite a bit and not
roll the fender lip all that much. Try smaller pipes and work up until you
get the clearance you want.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner