RE: refinish dash

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: refinish dash
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 22:23:27 -0700
I agree with Fred that powder coating is the way to go. The stuff is almost
bullet-proof! The only thing to bear in mind with powder coating on early
dashes is instrument grounding. The dash electricals ground through the
metal of the dash, so if you want to retain that method, you either have to
mask the appropriate grounding areas before powder coating, or grind them
off afterwards. I chose to daisy-chain a ground wire from one gauge to
another attached to the mounting posts. Works good for me and provides a
known good ground source for future projects.

Paul