Body removal

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Body removal
From: IAS Net - Mitch Planck <mitch@ias.net>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 21:33:40 -0400
After a long time doing nothing on the roadster, I finally did some work
yesterday. I removed the body from the frame! My 11-year old daughter
helped me and we had a good time doing it. After finally rolling the
frame out, I left the body sitting 2' up on some sawhorses, I still need
to lower it back down to a reasonable level and also roll the frame
around into the garage, since the body is sitting in the yard beside the
garage, retarped.

Next is engine and tranny removal, cleaning the frame of rust and
grease, redoing the fuel and brake lines, redoing the brakes, coating
everything with POR-15, redoing the suspension, etc...

The engine and tranny from this car is extra, so if anyone wants it,
it's free for the taking if you come out and pick it up. It's a 1600
engine, unknown condition, including carbs, intake manifold and exhaust
headers, 4-speed trans, and extra 4-speed trans, in Chelsea, MI (near
Ann Arbor). If no one wants it after a bit, I'll take it apart some to
see if there are any good parts and put those on ebay.

For a more complete description and future pics, go to
http://brooks-planck.org/DatsunDiaries/dd5502.htm.

Happy Roadstering!
Mitch Planck
Chelsea, MI