z car show

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: z car show
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 15:45:19 -0700
We just got back from the West Coast Z Car Nationals in Orange, CA. The show
had a whole block of Collins avenue blocked off. I'm not a Z fanatic, so I
don't really know if what I was looking at was rare or common, but there
were sure a lot of beautiful cars in attendance. From Zs to 510s, to a
handful of roadsters to, I kid you not, a couple of 4WD Zs, this show had em
all.

We got there about 8AM and sat in line for about a half hour to get into the
show area. We found a place down at the end of the street to make it easy to
get out. Even though we were not competing, the car still got a lot of
attention and photos taken, including a short audio/video interview with Pam
and the beast by someone with a VERY expensive video camera!

We parked next to a couple with a tricked out early-70s Datsun pickup and
had a nice time talking cars and stuff. There were only five other roadsters
there that I saw, but hey, it's a Z show, right?

All in all, a well-run event with lots of way-cool cars to look at. Maybe we
can organize a SoCalROC invasion next year...

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600