For Sale: '69 2000

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: For Sale: '69 2000
From: Taylor Hutt <t.hutt@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 16:55:15 -0700
I've got a very nice '69 2000 which I spent quite a bit of time
restoring, but no longer have the time to continue enjoying the car
enough to warrant it sitting in my garage forever.  So, I'd like to
sell it.

Here are the vital statistics:

  - engine block hottanked and basic head work done by a small place
    in Watsonville, California.
  - I overhauled engine in 1997; I've driven less than 250 miles since
    that time.
  - rebuilt 5 speed transmission in car
    originally had 1-year warranty (expired)
    less than 250 miles on this transmission
  - brakes new by PO
  - brake & clutch lines drained, refilled & bled in 1997.
  - dual Solexes
    basic carb rebuild (floats, gaskets, etc.)
    both are in good working order
  - stripped to metal, rust repaired and then painted with 1966
    Pontiac 'Sky Blue' in 1999.
  - tachometer and speedometer have been refurbished by Palo Alto
    Speedometer; both meters work great.
  - dash re-vacuum formed
  - new dash wiring harness
  - new engine wiring harness
  - more powerful replacement coil
  - radiator recored
  - heater recored
  - all chrome has been very nicely undented and rechromed by Faith
    T&B Plating.
  - seats recovered
  - center console cleaned and recovered
  - interior completely stripped and refinished
  - new door window-guide rubber
  - good condition softtop frame (installed)
    all three roof latches are present & nicely chromed (not all
    installed)
  - original plastic mat in trunk
  - spare tire, including plastic cover

  - extra included items
    - hardtop (not installed)
    - rollbar (not installed)
    - working original 5 speed transmission
    - additional rim
    - front window chrome decoration (not installed)
    - wiper blades (not installed)
    - good condition wiper fluid bottle
    - additional oil filters
    - engine stand
    - carb tuning tool
    - Chilton's 1961 to 1972 Datsun Repair & Tune-up Book
      Covers 15600, 1600, 2000, 410, 411, Patrol, 510, 1200 Pickups,
      240Z
    - Four (4) books on restoring & creating automotive electrical
      systems
    - Solex carb manual
    - December 2000 Old-timer magazine from Japan contains many great
      pictures of restoration projects in Japan and an article on
      restoring a 44PHH Solex (might be able to get translation too).

The PO gave me all the receipts that he had and the receipts of the
PPO; these date back to about 1977.  The car has been garaged since
the day I bought it, and the PO also kept it garaged.  He told me that
the PPO also kept it garaged.  It's a California car presently
residing along the central California coast.

For all this I'm asking $6000.
Respond directly to t.hutt@<delete>worldnet.att<this>.com

Pictures can be seen at http://home.att.net/~t.hutt/fairlady.html

(In the pictures the wiper blades are not attached and the chrome
which goes around the front window is not installed.)