Re: 1970 speaker box x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: wschaibe@ucsd.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1970 speaker box x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 17:30:59 +0000
Bill,

I've got a 70 2000 and those screws are wicked to get out.  I used a 90
degree angle ratchet screwdriver (I can't actually believe I had one of
those in my tool box) that barely/kind of fits in there.  But try, try, try.
  They will eventually come out.  Once out, what I did was then "reverse"
those two screws in the box and screwed those two screws (the ones that are
so nasty to get out) from the inside of the box out.  That way, I just slide
those screws (whose threads are now coming out of the box as opposed to
going in) into the bracket and screwed in the opposite end screws (the ones
towards the console) to attach it.  Granted it's held by only screwed in
screws (the ones by the console), but the two screws that are protruding
(the "reversed" ones) are still going into the bracket.  In case I ever need
to change that speaker again, it's a simple procedure of removing the two
screws towards the console and then the box should just slide out!

Allen