5speed speedo gear driving me nuts....please does someone have

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 5speed speedo gear driving me nuts....please does someone have
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:49:56 -0400
For all:
Inside the plug on the case of the roadster 5 speed, its secured by
an O-ring and a tap and small screw, is a small plastic gear.
Well, this gear in my case is blue plastic, and 18 teeth.

My tranny man said the helical gear that drives this small blue gear
came loose due to a bad Circlip (bad re-assembly by some unknown P.O.)
and now I need a
new small blue gear.   Its chewed up pretty bad, and the tranny man said
the speedo would jump all around if it worked at all.

I am getting a new speedo cable, which is also reached end of life, and also
getting the speedo and tach rebuilt and calibrated, so this last piece in the
puzzle is agrivating me!

None of the normal suppliers I use has one of these things.

Thanks in advance!!
JimGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com