Chance meeting with Roadster Racer...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Chance meeting with Roadster Racer...
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 00:17:12 EDT
Funny story while I was driving south on Hwy 101 from Solvang to Los Angeles.

I was cruising down the highway minding my own business in my 2000 when this
guy pulls up to me and starts yelling out his window.  When we were both
slowed down by traffic he yelled out the he used to race a Datsun 2000 many
years ago for Peter Brock.  "Do you know who that is...?" he yelled and then
I pointed to the BRE sticker on my dash door.  Seperated again by honking and
backed-up traffic we finally caught up to each other again.  "I used to share
a car with Fitzy!" he yells to me.  "Those cars were pretty good back then".
I try to throw a crumpled business card through his window but at 45mph I was
unsuccessful.  I then yell for his name and he said something like,
"Steinhart".  Then he disappeared in traffic.

I thought that was so cool to meet a guy that raced our wonderful Roadsters
back in the day when Nissan ruled.  That is my brush with greatness.  Only in
LA, huh?

Michael "Calspeed" Carion