RE: Wheel Fitment continued

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Wheel Fitment continued
From: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 00:32:44 -0400
Likely not.  From the measurements I made a little while back I think the
most front spacing you can run is 3.5 inches, and that's pushing it.  If
your wheels are 8 inches overall width with 4.25 inch backspacing you'd be
left with 3.75 inches front spacing and that's too much on my car.  I think
you got a look at how much space there is at my rear fenders and my wheels
are 14x6 0 offset which means 7 inches overall width, 3.5 inches
backspacing, 3.5 inches front spacing.
If that's right than regardless of the width of the wheel, you'll be fine if
you keep the front spacing to 3 inches - until of course you get wide enough
to hit the inner fender or the control arms on the front.

Brian '69 2000
Tampa, FL
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/oilleak/