Re: O/T FDNY Online Flag Raise Statue Petition

To: Andy Klink <colonel_klink510@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: O/T FDNY Online Flag Raise Statue Petition
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:29:31 -0800 (PST)
No, they said it's going to have a penguin, a dog and a snail raising
the flag.  Well, technically they'll just be near the flag.  The snail
will be shown disproportionately large, both because there are far more
snails in the world than there are penguins or dogs, and because a
snail shown in correct size relative to a dog would be virtually
invisible.

This petition, while well intentioned, will do nothing.  Nobody will
view it with any seriousness or authority.  Please point me to an
online petition which has swayed the decision-makers.  If it makes you
feel better to "sign" an online petition, then please do.  Just don't
expect your X, or the X of everyone you send the message, to accomplish
anything.

As I understand it, the statue is not going up as originally planned
(multicultural) due to the outrage, and for that I am pleased.  It's a
fact that the majority of the NYPD and FDNY forces are white, and that
the three men raising the flag were white.  It's neither a good thing
nor a bad thing, it's just the truth.

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181