Re: 2000 Head Hole?

To: "John McCarthy" <bmccarthy67@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: 2000 Head Hole?
From: "roadster katman" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 23:19:25 -0800
There is no stupid question! We've all come up with questions we're afraid
to ask, but they must be asked, 'cause it helps us from doing the wrong
thing ourselves.

Anyhow, years ago I wondered the same thing, what are all those holes and
why do some look plugged up. The hole you're looking at is indeed the oil
return path. Drops the oil right back to the pan.

A lot of those holes do have rough casting marks. When I had my head rebuilt
I found that it helped to clean out the castings from the water jackets, and
resulted in my engine staying a lot cooler. I used to have overheating
problems in the past, but not now (and a recored rad helped, too).

Fred - So.SF
badroc.com