Re: Tire size

To: Deena Petrie <dpetrie@megsinet.net>, "Les@CDM"
Subject: Re: Tire size
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 20:49:05 -0800 (PST)
What do you mean by "correct"?  Original?  Or a good size that fits?

I have 195/60/14 tires and I like that size.  A few directional (and
pseudo-directional) tread patterns come in that size if you want
something more modern.

Although I've been told they are too wide for stock rims, those tires
were on my stock rims when I got the car and had been there for over
five years with no problems.  If I were doing Auto-X it'd probably make
a difference.

I now have 14x6" rims and these tires are a good size.

I also had 175/65/14 tires on stock rims, and 185/60/14 is also
acceptable.  All three sizes are smaller outer diameter than original,
which was measured in inches and isn't precisely available any more.
The closest is probably 165/80/14.

--- Deena Petrie <dpetrie@megsinet.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We are getting ready to put new tires on the roadster, but we need to
> know the
> correct size to put on.  Does anyone have the correct tire size for a
> 69 1600.
> Thanks
>
> Deena & Joe
> 69 1600 almost back together