Re: Speed Secrets

To: "kurt weisner" <weisner@seidata.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speed Secrets
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 08:41:37 -0500
Tips I've picked up over the years....

Polish the "axle" shafts by chucking ends in a battery drill or lathe, use
fine emery then 000 steel wool with a good metal polish like Wenol - just
don't remove too much material from the nails.

Depending on the rules your group uses, a shot of dry graphite lock
lubricant into each wheel hole before assy.

Use stick on tire weights to add weight right up to limit.  Place weight as
far back on car as possible without making the front wheels want to lift -
the further back, the higher up when placed on the ramp, the higher
potential energy - not much, but been know to make a difference

Couple of coats of spray can auto primer, sanding, and a coat of Krylon for
a great finish - not a neceesarily a speed tip, but a smoth paint job should
lower wind resistance ;-)

Mark Sedlack
OROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH