Tow vehicles and other ramblings

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tow vehicles and other ramblings
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 19:53:21 -0600
I have two tow vehicles.  I have a "little" tow vehicle, which is a
Chevrolet Suburban.  My "big" tow vehicle is a Winnebago with a 454 engine.
Gets about 5mpg.  I do the big tow when I want my wife to come along, and
the little tow when I need to go fast.  Sometimes I even drive the roadster
to and from places like a regular car.  I got an award from the TDROC for
actually driving to one of the events last year.  Since I autocross the gray
ghost I always like to have a guaranteed ride home if something breaks.

The most memorable drive Donna and I took in the gray ghost was from a
campground on the Columbia River to Mt Ranier, over to Mt St Helens, then
back to the campground. All those places were about an inch or two apart on
my map, and as it was sunny and warm on the river, we left the top at the
campground.  It got VERY cold about one o'clock in the afternoon, and we
weren't even to Mt St Helens. Also, there weren't ANY gas stations in the
National Forests, and the gray ghost isn't set up for mileage.  When the gas
got low and the fuse for the headlights went out around Cougar, Washington,
we packed it in and got a motel room for the night.  No luggage, not even a
toothbrush.  We took two hours to go the remaining "inch" on the map the
next morning.  By the way, we're still happily married, and Donna still goes
with me in the Datsun (after we unload it from the trailer).

I'm glad to see that some of you are planning to meet together at Pennington
Field on the 23rd of February.  If you want to send me your name and address
I'll put it in a file so we can contact each other.  This won't be a TDROC
event, but TDROC'ers are invited.  Let me know.

Leisure Suit Terry
Retired in 1995
Quit working considerably earlier than that