U20 timing components

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: U20 timing components
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:11:50 -0800 (PST)
I just looked on Rallye's site and in addition to $1300+ for a complete
timing set you have to buy nearly everything to rebuild a U20 to get
them.

Last time I heard, someone had figured out how to make a tensioner by
taking parts of two different tensioners.

The chains themselves are fairly cheap.  What pieces cannot be easily
purchased, and if an owner is cheap (like me) are there any parts
(gears, etc.) that can be safely re-used to keep the price down?

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181
http://www.picturetrail.com/abend