Re: beck arnley water pump - Part # list for B/A

To: SPL311RDST@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: beck arnley water pump - Part # list for B/A
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:04:48 -0800 (PST)
Do not use the late part number unless your late engine also has the
late-style crankshaft pulley, water pump spacer (between block and
water pump), water pump pulley and fan (and fan clutch or spacer),
driver's side alternator, and radiator shroud.  If all this is
early-style, as it should be, use the early part number.

--- SPL311RDST@aol.com wrote:
> Most parts sources list the "after engine R4000X" as being 68 and
> later. You
> will probably be safe with the late # 131-0465
>
> Just for reference, I culled all the Roadster-specific parts out of
> my B/A
> catalog and posted them. You can find them at:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/spl311rdst/parts/ba_partsindex.html
>
> When I was behind the counter at NAPA a few yrs (2-1/2)  ago they had
> the
> ability to special order up anything that was in the B/A catalog - a
> lot of
> their warehouses  ( the 'DC") carry a decent selection, but the parts
> guys
> seen to forget about that line.
>
> PS: anyone know if REPCO is still putting out engine parts ? They
> used to
> have roadster stuff too. - would love to get ahold of an old catalog
> and post
> it as well.
>
> Laurie :-)
> 70 SPL311