Re: Light trucks (OT)

To: Eric Frisbee <efris@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: Light trucks (OT)
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 06:55:56 -0800
Well, some accidents are unavoidable - and I am sincerely glad that your wife
came out of
it OK, and as for the rest of YOUR comments, statistics are on my side AND I
haven't
gotten personal on the subject. I don't remember saying that I drive a Ford
Focus (I
don't), I don't subscribe to "Brain" magazine, and just because I don't live
with snow on
a daily basis every winter doesn't mean I don't drive in it - I have and plenty
(can you
say "Sierra Nevada"?).

I'll grant that there are times and places where all-wheel drive is desirable,
even
necessary, and many people do have the need for a larger vehicle - but the glut
of SUVs on
the highways is ridiculous.

Gary