Re: Give me a brake

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Give me a brake
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:10:47 -0600
> >Jeff Etheridge wrote:

>> Just installed new shoes on my 1600, now i am having a hard time getting
>> the drums back on! This is my first venture doing drum brakes...any
>> tricks to doing it? I didn't turn the drums but did clean them with a
>> wire brush and a pneumatic grinder, then buffed them with a pad.

Jeff,

Just a quick addition to what Tom and others said. You mentioned that you
used a grinder. What did you do and how did you do it? If you use the
grinder on the surface that rubs against the the shoes you may need to get
the drums turned just enough to make sure they're perfectly round again. If
they aren't you can get very uneven braking and pedal effects.

Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@attbi.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)