Re: OT- I ALMOST DIED TONIGHT!!!!!

To: RoadsterGB@aol.com, datsunmike@nyc.rr.com, dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu,
Subject: Re: OT- I ALMOST DIED TONIGHT!!!!!
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 09:29:00 -0500
Rob,

While I tend to cringe at engine swaps such as this, keep in mind that (in
the US anyway) Chevy parts are so common that they fall out of trees when
the wind blows (well, not quite, but almost)  Jaguar parts are pricey, and
tend to be known as mechanics cars.  (I often have folks tell me that I need
to own 2 Jaguars - one to drive and one for the mechanic to work on)  In
reality, the Jaguars are much more reliable than that, but they need someone
who knows what they are doing when they need a repair.  I consider myself
fortunate in that I have a reliable Jaguar AND a good, reasonably priced
mechanic.  (A Brit at that!)

Knowing the cost of a replacement Jaguar engine and a replacement Chevy
engine, I would rather see the Jaguar on the road rather than rusting
quietly in someone's driveway.  Although the Jaguar is a pricey ride, they
are MUCH more common than even the "common" 1600 Roadsters, and since they
are so common, having one bastardized with a Chevy engine is still favorable
to having it become a parts donor.

Sid