Re: Design Study (getting WAY off target - but interesting

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Design Study (getting WAY off target - but interesting
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 08:53:15 -0500
Sid,

I should have said the "income bracket" of Triumph, MGB and FIAT, Alfa, etc
owners

The Z filled a niche for a reliable fast affordable sports car. All the
above cars didn't fill that niche in all of the adjectives.

Convertibles were also losing their cache at that period in time also,
probably because of the leaks, noise and drafts of convertibles. The Z came
out at the right time and attracted a lot of fans.

Mike