Re: OT- 72 Jag XJ6 with 350 conv.

To: "Dan Neuman" <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: OT- 72 Jag XJ6 with 350 conv.
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 08:41:53 -0500
Dan,

John's Cars made a bolt in for that conversion. I knew a guy who did the
same to his E V12 Roadster and he said it never ran so good or so fast.

One thing, Jags are very expensive to fix. I had 2 neighbors dump them for
that reason and a friend who is restoring one emailed me to tell me how
expensive Jag parts are. And this guy has restored a lot of cars.

A 72 is an old car and will require, as any old car, lots of love and money.
Lots of money. Inboard rear disc brakes make brake repair extremely
expensive and the components aren't cheap. Electrical gremlins abound in
those early years. I know first hand about that.

Unless you have a pile of money set aside I'd skip it. A neighbor who fixes
only German cars told me the same thing when I told him I was looking at a
used Porsche or BMW. He said I couldn't afford it and told me how much
various repair jobs would cost and I agreed with him. I bought an Acura
Integra instead.

Do yourself a favor and keep on looking. It may be cheap to buy but the
expensive to maintain and they do need a lot of maintenance.

IMHO,
Mike