Re: Originality vs Custom (long but worth it)

To: "Andy Cost" <andycost@att.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Originality vs Custom (long but worth it)
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 08:32:28 -0500
Andy,

  Congratulations on taking first place!  And I agree, Datsuns are not
finished on the track or on the road.  Jim Sloan took the track championship
in G Production at Nelson Ledges here in Ohio this summer in a 1600.
Competition included Hondas, BMWs and  Rabbits, and even another 1600 & a
510 or two.  Bill Wessel ran as high a 5th place in the SCCA  National
Run-offs before the track dried and his tires started going away.  He ended
up 8th.  By the way, the G Production race at the Run-Offs was
Datsun/Nissans 81st championship in SCCA when a 510 took the checkered flag.

Paul
OROC
Sloan Racing