Thanks for the responses

To: Roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks for the responses
From: "Les@CDM" <les@classicdatsun.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 20:49:22 -0800
Wanted to say thanks to the people that sent me nice notes and stories
when I lost my father a few weeks back. This list has some very
thoughtful people and it really shows. This note is also to say that now
that most of my time away from the shop is done and things are beginning
to settle down again I am going to go on a rampage through the shop and
do a spring cleaning(last spring) in the winter. I may actually have a
garage sale in Jan if need be. But because of being behind and having
way to many projects(my own I mean) I am plannig to sell off some cool
projects and parts that are taking up my valuble space. I don't do this
very often and I am going to let go of some of my little treasures so I
hope you all do not mind. here goes!

1967.5 2000 roadster #160 with non-matching engine but all there. Very
restorable and very complete with headrests and visors etc. $2500 or
$3500 with a set of early solexes included. Not running(battery not
included some assembly required)

Brand new 2000 clyinder heads Sealed in the box I have 5 new heads that
are bare never  unwrapped full thickness heads the last known list price
I am told was around $1000 but since they need work to be used I will
sell them for $750 each or I can build you a complete new head for $2000
with all new parts.

I also have 5 extra comp type Front swaybars with urathane bushings for
$110 each and they are like $175 now from Nissan.

Anyone considering a gray interior? Last year I bought out the end of a
very high quality carpet being discontinued as it was $23 a yard and
looks and feels like wool. I will make availible only 3 sets  of
roadster carpets at $250 a set complete with trunk and all serge bound
edges. (Gray color by the way)

I have 2 sets of used 40 MM weber carbs with unknown linkages and
conditions but at $175 a set I am certain they can be fixed and I can
provide a manifold for them with linkage NEW for your 1600 for an
additional $375 and you can make something work.

Many years back I told a story about some Nissan racing banners that
came into my possesion and since none sold and there are so many new
people that may enjoy them I will offer some of them up again as well. I
have 5 huge Nissan Banners from the NPTI/GTP years and when I say big I
mean 15 ft tall and 45 ft wide(billboard size) and they weigh about 100
pounds each they have never been unrolled and cost Nissan $8000 each and
have some of the popular slogans from the era and pictures of the
awesome GTP prototypes. The one we had at the show was something
like(Twice as fast as Porsche and Jag and had photos of 2 GTP cars)
These could be cut up and fitted to a large garage or shop or whatever.
I need to get $400 each and they would be a bitch to try and ship but it
could be done but if you wanted to pick one up bring a trailer I will
most likely have to unroll them and see which all ones I have and get
pictures which I will do soon.

If you are interested in any of this stuff give me a call and I will be
posting more items soon such as a couple of truck projects and some
patrol parts etc. And a vintage race roadster project that will be a
deal If we have to we may start the E-bay thing except we won't
overcharge for for readily availible items like gas tank grommets and
the like. Will post more about proposed garage sale soon.
Les
--
Les Cannaday

Classic Datsun Motorsports