O.T., In memory of A.O.K.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: O.T., In memory of A.O.K.
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:55:53 -0500
  While he wasn't a giant in the field of automobiles, he was the man that
got me started with this crazy habit of buying strange little cars when he
dragged home a 1960 DKW 750 back when I was just a kid.  From there it was a
Saab 96, a Sunbeam Rapier, a couple of Ford Cortinias, an early Subaru 100,
a Mazda RX3 and RX4, and in moment of weakness, our first convertible, a
1963.5 Ford Galixe 500.    Together, we snuck out and test drove many other
cars that we could never have afforded.
  He also got me started with racing.  Together we attended everything from
the local 1/8 mile dirt tracks to CAN-AM races at MidOhio, Watkins Glen, and
Elkhart Lake.  When our Saab 96 rusted out to the point it was no longer
safe to drive, he even found some one who made it into a Formula S  open
wheel racer, just so that the motor could carry on.
  Nobody on the list ever met him, but we all had somebody just like him in
our lives.   Today I say my final good-byes to Albert Otto Kort, my father.

Paul
OROC
Sloan Racing