Soft Top pivot nut?

To: Datsun List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Soft Top pivot nut?
From: Tom Duffy <tomuo@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 20:54:49 -0800
What style and size of nut goes on the soft top frame
"pivot"?  Mine are missing.

The part's list for the '67 shows NUT CAP 07743-12900,
but no thread size, which would be useful. I know there
are a lot of screw thread differences between the years,
but is there a cross reference between parts numbers
and the metric or US screw/nut sizes?

I was going to put all my weatherstrips on the car today,
but a tree emergency took up most of the day...
We got out Xmas tree yesterday, and filled it's base up
with water and decorated it. This morning I found the
water had all leaked out, so I had to dash out to Home
Depot, get a new base, rush back, carefully take all the
decorations off the tree, re-stand the tree and then
re-decorate. I did have some time before it was dark
outside to push in the side window outer squeegee wiper
and change the lock gaskets.
The car has a really nice thick paint job that was done
by a PO, but it must have been cheap because all of the
rubber and metal trim was protected with masking tape
instead of being removed before spraying. I've cleaned up
most of the overspray, but when I replace the rubber
parts, I find primer underneath.
The new rubber makes the body line cleaner, but the
increasing number of primer spots as rust magnets
is disturbing.

Tom Duffy.

'68 1600.