68 spl

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 68 spl
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 13:13:35 -0800
Greetings,
I just got back from my neighbour's house after trying to get
his new addition started.  He has a good running 69 SRL
that he bought this past summer and I just found him a 68
SPL as a parts car.  Supposedly it had a recently rebuilt 1600
in it.  Cold compression test was 180 psi in all cylinders.  Inside
the valve cover looks pretty clean.  We got it to run a bit after
priming but the carbs were a little gummed up.  He will be
selling this 1600 engine sometime soon.  Could someone
give me and idea what the value is on a used 1600.  The engine
# is R-61977.  It was a matching number car SPL311-19302.
At least I think it is a matching # car.  Body on it is pretty bad
so I know a restoration will not take place.  It sat outside for a
few years with no top on it and the interior was trashed.  Had
decomposed pine needles, leaves, and interior stuff inside.  under
the hood looks ok though.
There will be some parts placed on ebay soon.
Bob