Re: ballast resistor?

To: "Dave Mehl" <waterback@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: ballast resistor?
From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:44:35 -0800
Dave,

        The ballast resistor is that rectangular white ceramic block
mounted on the firewall under the coil.  There should be two wire leads
going to it.

"Dave Mehl" <waterback@worldnet.att.net>
Sent by: owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
12/04/2001 06:55 PM
Please respond to "Dave Mehl"

        To:     "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
        cc:
        Subject:        ballast resistor?

Hello all,

I am in the midst of installing one of Gary Boone's EI distributors in my
69
2000. Can anyone please detail where the ballast resistor is located and
what it looks like? I have an inline flat strip about 1/2" lg. with a male
spade on either end that is near the wires that go to the coil. Is that
it,
or is it a fusible link? I don't want to pull the wrong thing.

Thanx for the input,

Dave