Re: Engine bogging when breather attached...?

To: Chris Gray <grayc@rpi.edu>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine bogging when breather attached...?
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 08:24:34 -0800 (PST)
This is only a thought, so please don't be offended if I'm way off
base.

Is it spitting out a lot of blow-by from the breather hose?  If so, is
it possible you're contaminating the air/fuel mixture?

If you're concerned about the environment but want to keep it
disconnected, you can buy a little round breather filter for about $10
in your choice of colors and attach it to the valve cover with a short
straight hose.  You'll see lots of Z's and 510's connected this way.
Then get a big vacuum cap to plug the air filter fitting.  May not be
smog legal.
--- Chris Gray <grayc@rpi.edu> wrote:
> first of all, thanks for all the info i've gotten so far... its been
> most
> helpful!
>
> ..My '69 1600 boggs and will stall when the breather from the valve
> cover is
> attached to the airfilter housing.  the tube is not clogged, and the
> engine
> runs absolutely fine without it attached.  if i raise the idle to
> maybe 2000
> rpms, it runs fine unless i quickly rev it and then it will stall.
> any
> ideas?
>
> thanks so much,
> Chris Gray