Re: 2000 exhaust header pipe

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2000 exhaust header pipe
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 21:56:28 +0000
Sounds like a good excuse to get some more horses out of your car.  A decent
set of headers will make a huge difference compared to the factory set up.
We've had cars in Melbourne dyno'd with 15-20 more horsepower *at the
wheels* simply by fitting a custom header & 2 inch exhaust.  I haven't
measured my car's HP, but it certainly made a difference.  It makes a
standard 2000 Solex look wheezy!  And the good thing is, it gives you more
tractable power, right across the rev range.  We've got great intakes on
these cars, it's the exhaust that lets them down.

Cheers,
Steve
('68 2000 Solex)
Actually, with the way our dollar is, it might even be cost effective to
order a set from Lou Mondello here in Australia...