Re: 2000 carb replacement throttle shafts

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2000 carb replacement throttle shafts
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:29:37 -0600
Keith,

That is the neat part... custom make the new shaft, and
you can drill & tap it for any size thread you want!

I wrote about making up some 5mm x 0.75mm machine screws
once, on the lathe. Actually I cheated and used 38 tpi
threading. Can you say "never again" for that one. Hey,
they came out pretty nice, only took "a little" time.

Funny one: German Screw catalog from 1910... every bolt
is shipped with the matching nut! Hint: the nuts only
fit that one bolt... every nut and bolt having different
(hand made) threading. What a nightmare!

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX.