Re: 1600 SU carburetor question

To: nturi@otw.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1600 SU carburetor question
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:10:09 EST
Hello,

       If you have not found the problem, try this. Take off the air cleaner.
Run the engine up to 2000 rpm. Then stick your finger in the mouth of the
carb and carefully and slowly lift the slide with your fingernail, try to
keep your finger out of the air flow. If raising the slide increases the
engine speed then you are running too rich. Do one carb then the other to see
which one has the problem. Running too lean at speed will usually cause a
stumble. Check for a sticky choke and double check the air flow sync.

                                                 keith williams