Re: Roadsters and V8's

To: JCLAY510@aol.com
Subject: Re: Roadsters and V8's
From: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:35:08 -0500
Actually, that wasn't my post, but I thought it was a good one!

Along the lines of the V8 discussion, I'd go for Gurney-Weslake heads on a
289/302 block.  If you go with the reversed port (side-draft), multi-valve
set-up, reportedly yields 600 BHP.

Not shuttle power-to-weight ratio, but solid nonetheless.  Unfortunately, only
slightly less pricey than the shuttle engine conversion.

Better fit, though.  Those main engine nozzles are, what, about 8 feet in
diameter, and the SRBs about 12 feet.  All in a 100" wheelbase package.

- Bob

--
- R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.   >>  Airline Industry Analysis
  Port Washington, NY  11050  >>  tel 516-944-0900, fax -7280