Re[2]: Brake Light Switch

To: bobw@1questsolutions.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re[2]: Brake Light Switch
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:38:20 -0700
Bob,

Sid is right (if your car is early 67). I had the same problem with my '66
when I first bought it, no brake lights. The hydraulic T-block on the
firewall has a switch mounted at the top. There is a hot positive lead wire
going into one of the connections. When you press on the brake pedal, the
hydraulic pressure at the block activates the switch, so the other wire
connection sends current back to the brake lights.

I cleaned up both connections, and re-crimped new connectors there and all was
well with the brake lights.

Additional bonus: When crimping new connections, I crimped a double spade
connector for the positive lead (always on). I mounted a 240-Z engine
compartment light above the coil on the coil mount and connected the light to
this power source. These 240-Z lights are readily available for $5 to $10, and
the headlamp twists off with a long wire for portability and has a hook for
hanging it. Very convenient for working in the dark on the engine.

Fred - So.SF
http://www.2xtreme.net/fredkatz/