Re: Distributor Question: Solved

To: <jon_wissler@pngc.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor Question: Solved
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 19:35:55 -0400
Bad idea to use a higher rated fuse. Usually it's the minimum wire size in
the circuit that determines the amperage load. If you use a bigger fuse you
may melt some of the wires before the fuse blows. Some of you may disagree
but that's what a electrician I know told me and it makes perfect sense.

On the subject, I know a guy who owns a beautiful 67 Lotus Cortina and while
talking with him last night he told me there are no fuses anywhere in his
car!!!!!!!!! He's thinking of having someone with electrical know how rewire
the car with a fuse box. He told me he has a "stated" value policy on his
car that's quite high and that serves as his "fuse box" for the time being.

On another matter, a guy I know, David Deutsch,  who is on the board of the
North American MGB Club (or whatever it's called) recently drove to MN for
the national meet and told me he saw 2 Roadsters on the road in his travels.
One was a 2L but he doesn't remember what state(s) it was. Cool guy, he
always tells me about Roadsters he sees and turned me onto one for sale at a
gas station on Long Island but the guy wants too much money for it.

Another guy in my MG club recently changed the clutch on a 2L, as well as
other assorted things, and did it w/o removing the tranny!!!!!! He said it
wasn't that hard but the car was a mess and he vowed never to do another
one!!!! I know the guy who owns it but he was never interested in doing any
Roadster things like going to the Glen or anything else. His main interest
in life was going to bars and clubs and trying to pickup women, and I stress
"trying." Unless women would be at the Glen he wouldn't go. Oh well, his
loss.

Mike