More parts tumbling

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: More parts tumbling
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:39:14 EDT
Hello all,

       Went by the abrasive store to order some walnut shell to try polishing
carb parts. While I was there I picked up a couple little bags of steel shot
to experiment with tumbling aluminum intake manifolds and such. Filled a 5
gallon bucket about 3/4 full of shot added about a cup of liquid soap and a
pretty grungy intake manifold. After tumbling for most of the day it really
looks good. Threads are fine and you can still see all the machine marks but
all the paint, stains, dirt, gaskets, oxidation are gone. It did end up a
dark gray color that I assume is steel dust or something. When I get the
walnut shell I'll tumble it in that for a while. When I get around to taking
my next alternator apart it is definitely going in for a spin. BTW a "little"
bag of steel shot weight 50 lbs or about 20 Kg. With two of them in the
bucket it is real heavy and the tumbler works pretty hard.

                                                 keith