Solvang 2001

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Solvang 2001
From: Steve Allen <dumpdude@pon.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 14:21:35 -0700
Well, I must say Solvang was a pretty neat experience. It was my first time.
Fred Katz and myself cruised down on Friday morning. It is a pretty good drive
and we made very good time. It was really nice to finally meet people you have
come to know on the list. There were lot's of neat cars but the old
SPL212 roadster was the attention getter. I spent a lot of time and a bit of
money on my car but it is no where close to many of the cars that showed at
Solvang. The neat thing for me was looking at what other people had done and
getting ideas for improving my own ride. Phil Brook was nice enough to
autograph his book for me. As far as who won what, I will leave that for Joe to
let everyone know. Oh, and by the way Joe, great job on putting the event
together. It was a lot of fun. Todd Osborne and Fred Katz were elected to
sponsor next years event. Fred and I decided to head home right after the
event was winding down and again made good time. The stroker performed
flawlessly. The buddy system always works well-just in case the unknown
occurs.

I spoke with Eric(sorry Eric I cannot remember your last name)from Napa about
getting a North Bay Roadster Group put together. It is not that I do not like
hanging out with the BADROC crew but it would be nice to have a more local
group. There is one other roadster owner here in Rohnert Park that is very
interested. On my way to and from work I have seen six other roadsters that
must be in the local area. I am sure there are more around I have not seen.
Any way, if anyone else is interested, let's see what we can get going. There
are a lot of good roads to go roadstering on around the area. If nothing else
we can just get together to talk roadsters and share our experiences with each
other. Any takers?

Steve
67.5 stroked 2 liter
66 x 2 1600's