Re: Holes in my head

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Holes in my head
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:56:37 -0500
Sounds like Dana may be talking about a lash pad. I think the U-motor
uses them like the L-motors do. They go on top of the valve and adjust
the rocker arm geometry so that the rocker arm and cam lobe play nice
together. Don't know if they're still common dealer items but shouldn't
be hard to find. Maybe NAPA or a quality machine shop?

They come in different thicknesses and having the correct thickness is
very critical. On the other hand, if it's something else, as Rose Ann
Rosanadana used to say, "Never mind".

HTH, Ron

>Mike

>I can send you a used rocker arm but what's the button piece? Where is it
>located and its function. Tell me which cylinder the rocker comes from and
>whether intake or exhaust.

>> Dana

>> Actually it is more like pieces missing from my head.  Just got my head
>> back from the machine shop and somewhere between dropping a valve seat,
>> taking off the head, having it sit around for 9 months,  . . . one
>> rocker arm and one of the round button type piece has disappeared.
>> Anybody have one kicking around?

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)