Re: 1600 head bolts and stud sizes

To: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Subject: Re: 1600 head bolts and stud sizes
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:56:14 -0400
Paul,

All the studs are 8mm for the intake/exhaust. The rocker studs are 10mm. The
thermo studs are 10mm but I would recommend using bolts instead because of
rust issues. Some people won't agree but I found it almost impossible to
remove the thermostat housings because of rust. You can always put a
helicoil in so the threads aren't damaged. I see that in new HP aluminum
heads for American cars.

The studs used by Nissan are an interference fit meaning no locktite is
needed. They have a slightly different thrread pitch

Mike