Results from North Beach Rally

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Results from North Beach Rally
From: Douglas E Noble <Douglas.E.Noble@parsons.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:13:40 +0000
     To the List,

     Three roadsters made it to the North Beach Maryland road rally,
     Alan Vedadi in '67 1600, Mark Dent in his recently acquired '64 1500,
     and myself in my '69 1600 stroker.  Mark almost didn't make it, he had
     to swap radiators on the way down from Baltimore (long story, don't
     ask).  It was a beautiful sunny day with a few light clouds about 80
     degrees -- in short perfect roadster weather (eat your heart out West
     Coasters).

     There were more roadsters than other marque.  Only two MGs, though one
     came in first overall (7 pts) -- he was set up for TSD rallies with a
     digital odometer, etc., etc.

     Our car came in second in the Rookie class with 315 pts.  Not bad with
     a little bit of effort, a digital watch, a trip odometer than read 2.4
     miles high for every ten, and a speedometer that was consistently 5mph
     high.  The winner in class was a Sunbeam Alpine with 100 pts. Mark and
     Alan were down the standings but they were simply out driving to enjoy
     themselves with their sons.

     It was a great sight of three red roadsters of different eras on the
     back country roads of southern Maryland.

     I think the next event in the area is getting together at the
     Jefferson 500 vintage races on Sunday, May 20 at Summit Point Raceway
     in West Virginia.

     Doug Noble
     Vienna, Virginia
     SPL311u-25006