Re: Smog to Non-Smog

To: Doris <dhbain@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: Smog to Non-Smog
From: dtn <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:53:26 -0700
Jim,

I'll take a guess at what you are asking.  Are you attempting to gap the
points?  If so you can put the car in gear and push the car to get the
points to open.

If you have a whole new distributor and are attempting to put that in,
remember that there is a slot on the on the gear within the block (don't
take that out unless you really need to!!!) and a blade (?) at the
bottom of the distributor.  These are acentric, so you need to pay
attention to the orientation.  There are several way to force things
together incorrectly, and you can tell because you need to use too much
pressure to get things to line up.  Make sure that the distributor sits
flush against the block before bolting down.

Hope this helps,

Dana