GM Alternator and more (was : Run on)

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: GM Alternator and more (was : Run on)
From: "Daniel Beatty" <nowroc@pacifier.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:29:01 -0700
Thanks to a quick cross country call to Paul from OROC (thanks Paul), I
pulled the B/W wire that had gone from the old volt regulator to the fuse
block off the alternator which broke the feedback loop and allowed the
ignition to turn off.

NOW, I was taping off the old B/W as it looks to be unneeded and felt heat
coming off my coil.  The coil was almost too hot to touch.  The key was on,
but the car was not running.  What causes the coil to overheat though still
be working?

Daniel Beatty
"...wish I was a Faster learner"