Re: what kind of motor?????

To: ristguitars@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: what kind of motor?????
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 14:41:20 -0400
Roman,

Sounds like a Naps Z motor.  Yes, it will fit.  I had a 68 1600 that someone
had shoehorned one into.  (decent fit actually)  Having the carbs on the
other side was a good idea, but from what I am told these are not
performance oriented motors.  But from all that I see, it is not too far
divorced from the KA24 nor from the L series motors.  Plus with 2.4liters
(or 2.0 or 2.2 depending on the crank) they can be made to produce the
juice.

Sid