Re: Lead substitute

To: "John Schmitt" <jschmi7@us.ibm.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lead substitute
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:05:19 -0400
Many people use Marvel Mystery Oil added to the gas tank but FWIW I don't
think you need to worry as Datsun used stellite exhaust valves and hardened
seats on the exhaust which is where most of the valve seat wear takes place.
I recently pulled the head of my cast iron 1600 and saw no valve seat
wear/recession and that's w/no seats and about 40K miles although admittedly
I used leaded gas for about 1/2 of the miles.

Mike