OT - MR2 Spyder

To: roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT - MR2 Spyder
From: shifty <shifty@best.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 00:24:16 -0700
Hi folks,

I had a car-nut Easter, went for a long drive along Highway 1 in Marin and
Sonoma. Got a chance to test drive a friend's new Toyota MR2 Spyder. I'm
very impressed - it's a Japanese Porsche! A reincarnation of the 914 and the
550 Spyder. Nice motor, light front end. You can really feel the mass behind
you - it's mid-engined. Strange to hear all that engine noise behind you.

There is NO cargo space in this car. Some bins behind the seats, which are
inaccesible while driving, a glove box and a bin under the "hood" for the
spare tire - your groceries will have to ride in the cabin! Makes the Miata
feel like a cargo-hauler.

Lots of wind with the windows down, but with them up and the air-deflector
in place it is very still in the cockpit.

The handling is amazing and is well suited to twisty Highway 1.

Leigh Brooks
BADROC