The Engine is Out.... Boy do I have a mess on my hands. :)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: The Engine is Out.... Boy do I have a mess on my hands. :)
From: Ryan Roswell Bird <BirdMan@myrealbox.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 06:19:52 GMT
Well, my engines out, the body is clean (Except for a
stubborn steering column...) and unbolted from the frame.
I'll soon be taking the body to a shop to get it worked
over/painted.  I still have to work out the details on how
to get it there.

That being said, I am an absolute novice at this stuff.
This is the first time I've pulled out an engine.  Taking
the car all apart has got to be substantially easier and
faster than putting it all back together.  I've also
learned to forget about keeping to a schedule; there are
just too many variables involved in working on a 35 year
old car to possibly keep on a tight schedule.  I'll be
moving in a few months and will have to continue on the
project when I get there.  (Arizona will have a new
roadster owner soon.)

I've posted a few photos on photopoint.  In a month or so
I'm going to need few pointers putting it all back
together, some of you in the So-Cal area volunteered to
help out a bit, I may just take you up on that.

Ryan Bird
67 1600
Santa Ana, CA