Re: There is no "perfect" Datsun Roadster

To: Paul <9laser3@bright.net>, Andrew Murphy <solex67@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: There is no "perfect" Datsun Roadster
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 16:12:54 -0700 (PDT)
I thought the whole point of having a convertible was so the "top end"
wasn't there - at least in good weather!  :^)

I've had a stock (or worse!) radiator in my 1600 Roadsters and the only
overheating problems I've had were due to head warpage after engine
removal/replacement.  I didn't take the time to make sure the radiator
was full before starting the car, and you can't fill the radiator
directly on 1600 radiators.  THAT's the real problem with the 1600
radiators, at least outside Phoenix, AZ.

Much of what I hear is performance vs. dependability, with both not
suffering horribly in either.  What about a properly stroked R16 with
bigger carbs and valves?  Would that give most of the power of the U20
with the reliability of the R16?  (Stan, I'll try to scrounge up $1,095
plus shipping this summer - that's a bargain!)

Adam
'70 1600

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/